When we bought our house in April the first thing that had to go was the kitchen full of roosters. I am okay with chickens but the chicken wire on the wall and huge chicken border was was not working for me. If I was going to cook in this kitchen it was time for a major kitchen makeover.
We started with a nice clean surface. The chicken border came down and so did that crazy chicken wire. I textured the walls and painted them white.
The next chore was to tackle those horrible floors. I will never understand why anyone would put carpet in the kitchen. We went with a nice peel and stick tile that looks like wood. We still have a few left to put in on the bottom right of the next picture.
So it is almost done. I took a trip to a flea market and bought lots of mix matched plates in blue and white. I also made some blue and white curtains to hang. I sewed a plain panel and up a piece of fabric down the front and back. I used those two pieces to tie a bow when I want them open. I can untie the bow and the curtains will be down. I actually like the way they look up though. I still have a little more work to do but I really like the way it is coming along.