Dec 9, 2009

2 ingredient fudge recipe

This fudge recipe takes two super simple ingredients but you can add in extras to make many different types of fudge. This would be a great recipe for a college student to make as Christmas gifts.

1 bag chocolate chips or other type of chips
1 can of frosting

Spread the chips in the bottom of a microwaveable dish and cook for 90 seconds. Pour the whole can of frosting on top of the chips in the dish and microwave that for 90 seconds.
Stir very well to mix and pour into an 8x8" pan that has been buttered. I put foil in the pan and buttered that to make it easier to take out after it set. Allow to set ans cut into pieces.

Try these combos-
Butterscotch Vanilla Pecan ( Butterscotch chips, vanilla icing, and pecans)

Chocolate Macadamia Cream Cheese ( Choc chips, cream cheese icing, and stir in macadamia nuts)

German Chocolate ( choc chips and german chocolate icing)

Chocolate Peanut Butter ( Peanut butter chips and milk chocolate icing)

Chocolate Mint ( Mint chocolate chips and chocolate icing)

Chocolate Covered Cherry (Cherry chips and chocolate icing)

Lemon Cranberry (White choc chips, lemon icing, and dried cranberries)

Christmas ( White chocolate chips, vanilla icing, dash of peppermint extract, and crushed candy canes)

Cookies and Cream (White chocolate chips, vanilla icing, and crushed oreos)

Peanut Butter (Peanut Butter chips and vanilla icing)

5 comments:

Lucky Girl said...

to be honest, i didn't know fudge could be so simple to make. thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

I have been making this for years with tons of combos...but I don't microwave it after I stir in the frosting...I just stir like mad and spread it on some wax paper in a square shape and it sets up in minutes...One time I decided to try German chocolate fudge (chocolate chips and german chocolate cake frosting) I didn't set up so I rolled it in balls and dipped it in chocolate and made truffles! Yum

Unknown said...

I have been making this for years with tons of combos...but I don't microwave it after I stir in the frosting...I just stir like mad and spread it on some wax paper in a square shape and it sets up in minutes...One time I decided to try German chocolate fudge (chocolate chips and german chocolate cake frosting) I didn't set up so I rolled it in balls and dipped it in chocolate and made truffles! Yum

Unknown said...

I have been making fudge this way for 10+ years...tons of combos...I don't microwave again after stirring in the frosting...sets up perfect every time except once I used german chocolate frosting and chocolate chips, it didn't set so I rolled it into balls and dipped in chocolate bark and voila truffles! YUM

Unknown said...

I have been making this for years with tons of combos...but I don't microwave it after I stir in the frosting...I just stir like mad and spread it on some wax paper in a square shape and it sets up in minutes...One time I decided to try German chocolate fudge (chocolate chips and german chocolate cake frosting) I didn't set up so I rolled it in balls and dipped it in chocolate and made truffles! Yum