Have an even coming up and you need a few cakes? You can bake them up to three weeks in advance and freeze them.
*Bake your cake and then allow it to cool for about an hour.
* Wrap the cake in plastic wrap. Make sure it is completely covered. I like to use Glad Press and Seal.
* Then wrap in heavy duty freezer strength foil.
* Place a cake board on top and on bottom to support the cake.
* Then freeze. :)
How do you thaw the cake?
* Take the cake out and remove the foil but not the plastic wrap and sit it on a cake board.
* Thaw at room temperature overnight.
* Decorate as you wish