May 30, 2009

Make your own scented candles!

If you're like me you've spent your fair share on those great smelling, yet some what costly scented candles and/or tarts.

I'm all for supporting work at home moms looking to make extra money by making and selling their own scented candles, however what if you can't afford those costly candles and tarts?

I recently purchased soy candle wax from Micheal's for $20 (they carry less expensive wax as well). I also purchased several 1 oz. bottles of candle fragrance (you can find these on eBay) for about $1.00 each. If I've estimated correctly, I should be able to make 25 small candles for less than $25!!



Following the directions provided on the wax box, I melted my wax in the microwave and slowly poured it into my previously used, but clean candle tins. I added the appropriate amount of fragrance and left it to harden.

It takes approximately 1-2 weeks for the candle (or in my case tart) to cure. They smell amazing and were super easy to make! They're now ready to rest on my candle warmer and scent my home!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome! It never occurred to me to make my own candles. Can't wait to try it.