I love eating bacon but I hate to cook it. It is such a messy task. It has to be watched, turned, and spits grease all over the place. In short is it a greasy mess! One day my Mom, who works as a cook at a nursing home, told me the easy, mess-proof way to cook bacon.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Arrange the bacon on a cookie sheet with sides. Lay it out side by side with the sides not touching each other.
3. Bake the bacon for 10-15 minutes or until as crispy as you like. There is no need to turn them during cooking.
4. Remove from pan while bacon is still hot onto plate with paper towels to drain.
5. Carefully remove from the oven, drain on paper towels, and use.
For a real treat, about 6 minutes before the bacon is done, sprinkle the bacon fairly heavily with brown sugar. It will melt and caramelize and taste delish!
We save the bacon grease to fry eggs in. Not very healthy but so good!