Sep 19, 2009

How to roast a pumpkin

I have to do something with all these pumpkin I grew this year. I have about 15 in my basement waiting on Halloween!




1. Pick a firm pumpkin that is 3-5 pounds.
2. Wash it in warm water.
3. Cut it in half .

4. Scoop out the seeds and strings using a metal spoon or scoop.


5. Place halves, hollow side down, in a baking dish with 1/4 inch of water in the bottom.



6. Bake uncovered at 375 for about an 30 minutes to 1 hour. It is done when a knife will slide into it like butter.
7. Cool






8 Scape the pumpkin from the shell and discard shell.


It is ready to use in your recipes calling for pumpkin.
Notes-
Place in freezer bags or containers and freeze for up to 1 year.
When you want to use the pumpkin, defrost it in the fridge for 24 hour before use.
It will keep in the fridge in a zipper bag for up to 5 days.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I love fresh pumpkin in my recipes!Why did you cut up the cute one though?