Aug 1, 2011

Dr. Pepper Ten

While in Amarillo last week, I went to see my Aunt Tammy who has been doing independent consult work for a while now and travels wherever they'll pay her to be.  Lately that has been San Antonio.  While in SA she went to HEB where they were giving samples of and selling 10 calorie Dr. Pepper.  That's not a typo - TEN calories! She gave me a 12 pack and said she can't find it in Amarillo yet.  In fact, the Coca-Cola man at her grocery store had never even heard of it. 

Now, I don't drink coke very often (sorry y'all, I'm from Texas and regardless of brand, flavor or color it's all coke) but when I do it's DP.  I've never really liked Diet DP but this 10 calorie pop top is a nice, guilt-free treat.  There is a very slight artificial sweetener back taste (as you can see in the nutrition information below, it does contain the controversial aspartame where most DP products do not), but I personally think it is less than that of a Diet DP. 



Nutrition information from Dr. Pepper's website
 
Size: 8 fl. oz. (240 ml)
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
Calories100%
Total Fat0g0%
Sodium40mg2%
Total Carbohydrates2g1%
Sugars2g0%
Protein0g0%

Ingredients
CARBONATED WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CARAMEL COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, ASPARTAME, SODIUM BENZOATE, CAFFEINE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, SODIUM PHOSPHATE     

*These views are my own and product was purchased as a gift from my relative.

No comments: