Aug 29, 2011

Our Weekly Menu- Cutting cost using coupons!

Most of my readers know that I started couponing awhile back. I usually do not make a weekly menu but this week is hectic so I did. I thought I would share my menu using items that I got couponing and the cost to feed my family of 5. If you would like me to break it down more as to how I came up with that figure just ask in the comments.
Sunday
New - Velveeta Cheesy Skillet (free with coupon)
Fresh Veggie Salad
Green Beans
(cost for my family of 5- $5.50)
(Cheesy skillet was free, 1/2 lb hamburger was 1.50, fresh veggies from farmer's market was 2.00, dressing was .49 a bottle, green beans were .50 a can and we used 2 cans. That comes up to 4.99. The rest covers any small usage of butter, spices, or etc.)
Monday
Sausage Gravy
Biscuits
Scrambled Eggs
Turkey Bacon
(Cost of meal for my family of 5 - $6.00)
Tuesday
Baked Chicken Pasta
Cucumbers with Ranch
Corn
(cost of meal for my family of 5- $4.50)
Wednesday
Tuna Melts
Peas
Veggie Mac & Cheese (new from Kraft and very yummy)
(cost of meal for my family of 5- $3.00)
Thursday
BBQ Pork Chops in the crock pot
Deviled Eggs
Steamed Carrots
(cost of this meal for my family of 5 - 4.00)
Friday
Beef Veggie Soup
Cornbread
(cost of meal for my family- $6.00)

No comments: