Jul 26, 2007

Marshmallow Fondant cake takes grand champion at local fair.


This year I took the plunge and entered a decorated cake in the county fair. I was very surprised to find that I had taken GRAND CHAMPION over all adult open class foods. That included 56 categories and I was surprised when I won overall. The cake was a three layer cake covered in marshmallow fondant and adorned with marshmallow fondant hand made roses. I was smiling all day yesterday after I won.
I will be working on a picture tutorial on marshmallow fondant in the future.
Check out my cake blog at http://makecupcakesnotwar.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Bev said...

WOOOO HOOOOO Congrats to you!!!! Great job!

Bev

Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe said...

Wow! Good for you! That is so terrific! :)

Rebecca said...

w00t! Congratulations!

Trish D said...

Congrats!! What an honor!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Congrats!! That's wonderful and so excited. I'm really happy for you :-)