Dec 29, 2007

Leftover Turkey Pot Pie

I am not a huge fan of leftovers but I do not mind them if they are reinvented into something new. Like most people after Christmas I had leftover turkey and needed something to do with it. I also had a few deep dish frozen pie crust that needed to be used.

I took my turkey carcass and boiled it with onions, celery,bell pepper, salt, and pepper. It let it come to a boil then simmer for about 4 hours. I figured after four hours I had gotten all the good flavor out of it. I removed the bones and reduced the stock down. To it I added chopped turkey, frozen peas, and a couple cans of mixed vegetables. I let that cook about 10 minutes on low while I prebaked my bottom crust. I added about 1/4 corn starch to 1 cup of cold water. I added that to my turkey and veggies slowly. I only added what I needed to get the thickness I wanted. I poured my turkey filling into my pie crust, topped with another crust, and baked until brown.



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love pot pie! I'll have to remember that for next year. :)