Dec 22, 2010

Red Velvet Cookies


A fellow blogger sent us this recipe. Check her out at http://phyrra.net/


www.howsweeteats.com/2009/12/14/red-velvet-chocolate-chip-cookies


She modified the recipe to make 3 batches at once, and added some extra vanilla.


3 boxes of Red Velvet Cake Mix
1.5 cups of Egg Beaters
4 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups of chocolate chips


I preheated my convection oven to 350 (which ended up setting it to 325).


In a bowl, I combined all ingredients except the chocolate chips and I used an electric hand mixer to make the batter. Then I folded in the chocolate chips. I rolled the batter into balls and then I baked.


I ended up having to bake them for 16 minutes to get them the right consistency. They're wonderfully chewy, chocolately, festive red cookies.

2 comments:

mcook said...

Great recipe! Love red velvet cake so these should be good too. Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!

Soos said...

Recipe looks both easy and yummy. I'll have to restrain myself from swapping out the chips for green M&Ms, though!