Feb 14, 2011

This title has a lot of words...

Quadruple Layer Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache and Fresh Strawberries


Do you ever get the urge to bake?  I get all kinds of baking urges.  Some days a simple loaf of bread is on my mind.  Other days a good drop cookie possesses me.  But I've been watching a lot of Cake Boss lately and if that weren't bad enough I jumped over to Bakerella's page.  So I wanted something very yummy and pretty.  I don't have the skill of Bakerella or Buddy so that narrowed my options as well.  But what's prettier than oozing mouthwatering chocolate?


See?

I used the WASC Cake recipe and adapted it for a devil's food cake mix and used baking cocoa for the flavoring. The cake pans were these adorable little heart shaped pans that I bought at our beloved hardware store.  (There are days I kill time on my lunch break by browsing their awesome kitchen section.  Seriously.  I know it's strange to you guys in big cities but it is my own little small town culinary haven.) I sliced the tops off of 4 cakes then sliced them in half.  Layer them up with ganache in between.  Be generous with the ganache to get the ooey gooey drizzliness! I did twice the ganache on top for the extra lucious look then topped with strawberries.  Omagoodness... Delish!

 

♥ Happy Valentine's Day! ♥

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous Valentine dessert. I've got to get me some of those heart pans. My four-year-old daughter would love them.