May 1, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes







I am on a quest to find a good recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes.



Today I tried the recipe Red Velvet Redux–Easy & Durable that I found on Cake Central.


It had a 8.5 rating out of 10.


My thoughts-


* I used chocolate pudding instead of the white chocolate which made the cupcakes color off. They were more of a reddish brown than I like.


* The texture was good.


* The batter was VERY thick and hard to work with.


* The flavor was only OK.



I give them a 6 out of ten. Mostly because they were easy and started with a cake mix. I will try a different recipe next time.



A quick way to dress up your red velvet cupcakes is to crumble one cupcake and sprinkle the crumbs on top off the others. On top of the cream cheese icing, of course!

No comments: