Aug 6, 2009

Back on the Wagon- Low Carb Jello "Cookies"

I am really trying hard to cut back on my carbs here lately to pull off a few pounds, ok well lots of pounds! My biggest issue is that I love sweets. I try to make little treats to have on hand to snack on when I need it most. These sugar free freezer cookies are one of my favorites!

1 1/2 cup heavy cream
2 T water or sugar free vanilla syrup
1 box sugar free jello

Heat 2 T water or sugar free syrup until boiling and then add jello. Stir to dissolve and then set aside for 10 minutes.

Beat 1 1/2 cups cream until just beginning to thicken.

Continue to beat at medium speed while gradually water/jello mixture and continue to whip.

When the mixture is thick enough to hold its shape, you are ready to make your cookies.

Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper.

Place in freezer. When frozen, place in a container. Makes about 26 small cookies.

2 comments:

kathleen said...

I have never heard of these... I am going to definitely try these! It's been a fun summer, maybe too fun! I need to drop a few, as well... argh!!!

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Amber said...

I just ran across your blog..love it! I am going to follow..

I hope you do more low carb recipes cause my hubby is always doing it on and off so these look great!