We have way too many zucchini this year. Who knew that 4 plants were enough to feed a whole town? Not me!
I keep trying new ways to cook them and last night I think I found my favorite way. The best thing is that it was low carb so I could eat them too! The kids have requested that I make these again tonight.
This is not an exact recipe because I made it up as I went. ;)
1. Brown 1 pound of hamburger and drain and return to skillet.
2. Add in 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped bell pepper, and about 3-4 cups zucchini (peeled and chopped)
3. Add salt, pepper, and garlic
4. Cook on med heat for about 3 or 4 minutes.
5. Stuff into a hollowed out zucchini half and top with cheese.
6. Bake until cheese is melted.
Look at those little monsters (not the kids, the zucchini)!
For over grown or extra large zucchini you should slice it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds in the center of each half. Then peel and chop.
Bekah eating the Zucchini Boat after she ate the filling.